Bible Students Retirement Center
DID YOU KNOW?...
1. The International Rose Test Garden in Washington Park (400 SW Kingston Ave, Portland, OR 97205) is only a 30-minute drive from the BSRC.
The International Rose Test Garden is home to 600 different Roses each with their own name including “Grandma’s Blessing”. The Park includes a fountain, gift shop, paved paths, public art and a vista point. Garden hours are 7:30am-9:00pm; FREE public tours are offered daily at 1:00pm, from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
If you’re really into flora, walk the gardens at the BSRC where you’ll be amazed at the variety and color. It’s said (of the BSRC) in Eccl. 2:5… “I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits”. To enjoy this beautiful setting on a daily basis become a resident and Song of Solomon 8:13 will apply to you as well…”Thou that dwellest in the gardens, the companions hearken to thy voice: cause me to hear it.” Don’t wait… vs 14… “Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.” There may be a unit waiting for you right now!
2. The historical Pittock Mansion (3229 NW Pittock Drive, Portland, OR 97210) is only a 30-minute drive from the BSRC. Pittock Mansion was built in 1914 for one of Oregon’s most influential families. It overlooks Portland’s skyline and is the perfect place to learn how Portland became what it is today.
In 1984 your brethren heeded the advice of Jeremiah and built houses for you (his people) to live in retirement. Jer 29:5 “Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them;” And while in your temporary abode at the BSRC our Lord had gone to prepare a permanent mansion for you in Heaven. John 14:2 “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.”
3. You can travel just 30 minutes to see Portland’s Old Church. See how the churches of today have turned into social clubs. The Old Church is one of Portland’s best-loved venues for performances by musicians from around the world. They are a nonprofit with a double mission of preserving and celebrating a national historic landmark, and cultivating and sharing programs that reflect and enhance artistic and cultural life in our community. You can join them for a concert at Portland’s sanctuary of sound located at 1422 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97201.
To meet some of the “True Church” visit the Bible Students Retirement Center (BSRC). We’re also a non-profit with a double mission… 1) Preserving our flesh in a comfortable and healthy environment and 2) Growing and cultivating our New Creature in Christ in spiritual fellowship. Visit the BSRC’s sanctuary of sound in the “Chapel” and sing to your favorite hymns played on our new pipe organ. Feed your New Creature with a variety of spiritual studies and lectures. Our goal is to help each member in our community make their “calling and election sure”. Heb 10:24-25 “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Don’t wait; the time is short, call now to reserve your place for this once in a lifetime opportunity to enjoy retirement in sweet spiritual fellowship and study.
4. The BSRC is only a 20-minute ride east on the scenic Columbia River Highway (I-84 / US 30) to Benson Bridge. What is Benson Bridge you ask? Benson Bridge is the footbridge that traverses Multnomah Creek between the two cascades of Multnomah Falls. It has served as a distinguishing characteristic of the falls since it was built in 1914 by Simon Benson, one of the builders of the old Columbia highway. The bridge is probably the most photographed piece of architecture in Oregon and is a favorite of tourists from around the world. The bridge is an obvious and inviting destination for visitors to the area. The pool between the two cascades used to be open to the public and was a favorite swimming hole for children on a hot summer day, but in 1995 a bus-sized boulder careened 150 feet down from the side of a cliff into the water below. The pool, visible from the bridge, has been fenced off ever since. Visit: www.columbiariverhighway.com/benson-foot-bridge for more information.
Make the Bible Student Retirement Center (BSRC) your bridge from your life here on Earth to your Heavenly hope. While on it, take advantage of the spectacular view of the manicured grounds, the gardens and flowers. Feel and see the joy in the smiling faces of YOUR brethren. Don’t wait to cross that bridge. Take your first step NOW …sign up NOW! We’d love to see you as happy as we are. Hymn 206 “How Happy Are We”
5. You can be walking into Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood in just 1 hr. 15 min. The scenic drive up the Timberline Highway is only 50 miles southeast on US 26 from the BSRC. The lodge provides years of awe-inspiring history. Constructed in 1937, Timberline Lodge stands on the south slope of Mount Hood at an elevation of 6,000 feet. This beautiful 55,000 square foot structure rises out of a pristine alpine landscape and is still being used for its original intent – a magnificent ski lodge and mountain retreat for everyone to enjoy. Legendary and awe-inspiring, it's a tribute to the rugged spirit of the Pacific Northwest. Declared a National Historic Landmark in 1977, Timberline Lodge is one of Oregon’s most popular tourist attractions, drawing nearly two million visitors every year.
See the top of Mount Hood from Timberline Lodge… LIVE IT at the Bible Student Retirement Center.
“In the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.” Micah 4:1
Don’t wait for YOUR “last day” to enjoy those “top-of-the-mountain” experiences that your brethren at the Bible Students Retirement Center (BSRC) are already enjoying. Your brethren here have experienced years of awe-inspiring history. Listen to how they’ve overcome their valley experiences at the hand of our Father. Share how our Father’s rod and staff comforted you in your experiences. Surely goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life at the BSRC: as you dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (Selah)