Bible Students Retirement Center
Living at the BSRC
The Center was designed to provide a living arrangement that is conducive to warm Christian fellowship and studies, as well as to meet the physical needs for older brethren of the Bible Student fellowship.
Set on 4.5 acres of professionally landscaped property are 8 different style units.
Units range from:
- Studio: Combined L-shaped living area, bedroom, and kitchen with private bath (500 sq.ft.)
- Studio: Combined L-shaped living area with pot belly stove, bedroom, and kitchen with private bath (500 sq.ft.)
- One bedroom, 1 bath (668 sq.ft.)
- First floor, 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath with sitting room (1,000 sq.ft.)
- Second floor, 2 bedroom, 1 bath with balcony (1,090 sq.ft.)
- First floor, 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 car attached garage (1,090 sq.ft.*)
- Two bedroom, 2 full baths, 1 car attached garage (1,376 sq.ft.*)
- Two bedrooms, 2 full baths, 1 car attached garage (1,476 sq.ft.*)
*Square footage includes garage space.
Individual units provide complete privacy with separate entrances to each living space. Second floor units have access via stairs or elevator.
- Private gated community with walking paths
- Weekly meetings held on site by two local ecclesias
- Hot noon meal served Monday through Friday for a nominal fee
- Regularly scheduled witness activity meetings
- Monthly Hymn Singing Devotional meeting
- Weekly Harmony Hour discussion on the day's Manna
- Wide fellowship opportunities
- Complete exterior and some interior maintenance services
- Reasonable monthly rental rates
- Subsidy available for those with limited income and assets.
Study and Convention Opportunities
Local Ecclesia Meetings:
There are two ecclesias in Portland. The Associated Bible Students of Portland ecclesia holds meetings on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings at the Center.
The Portland Area Bible Students ecclesia provides a Sunday meeting a short drive from the Center. One Sunday a month and every Thursday evening, this ecclesia holds meetings at the Center.
Many brethren consider it a special blessing to be able to walk to studies held at the Center. Furthermore, with two ecclesias in the area, brethren have the blessing of extended studies and fellowship with many brethren and can choose to attend all or some of the studies.
If residents are unable to attend meetings, those who subscribe to cable TV can watch meetings on Channel 981(a closed circuit cable channel) with improved audio and video options.
Annual conventions within driving distance from the Center are held in Oregon, Washington, Northern California, and British Columbia.
Some brethren who may not be able to attend conventions can listen via the Internet. Most conventions are "aired" on the Internet. These conventions are transmitted to Center residents in their units. Also evening Internet question meetings, studies, and testimony meetings are broadcast in units and in the Main House where brethren can gather to listen together.
Many brethren have expressed an interest in living at the Bible Students Retirement Center. The Center maintains a waiting list for those brethren who are interested in a specific style unit that may not be available when they first inquire. If you think you may be interested in living at the Center, you can be put on a prospective residents' list. You will not be obligated in any way, but this helps the Center plan for the future as well as notify you when a unit of your choice is available. If you are considering living at the Center some day, please contact the Center's Admissions Chair. All inquiries and responses will be kept confidential.
Arrangements can be made for prospective residents to spend one or two weeks at the Center to experience BSRC living. (There will be no charge to stay at the Center, and the Monday through Friday noon meal during the two weeks will be complimentary.)